Wisconsin Circuit Court Information
All information pertaining to the Wisconsin circuit court can be obtained from the official website of the Wisconsin court system, found at http://wcca.wicourts.gov/index.xsl
Storage of Information Provided
All Wisconsin circuit court records are usually stored using the Consolidated Court Automated Programs (CCAP) case management systems. This system is used by court staff across different counties in Wisconsin. Once a request for such records is made to the court, a copy of the record maintained by the CCAP is provided to the applicant. Initially, each person who visits the Wisconsin court system website must agree to the following points:
· WCCA (Wisconsin Circuit Court Access) is updated regularly, but is down for maintenance from 3 am to 4 am each day.
· Each region in Wisconsin shifted to the CCAP system at different points of time. Hence, the amount of information regarding Wisconsin circuit court varies.
· The information obtained from WCCA is not the official judgment, which can only be found at the court clerk’s office.
If you decide to comply with these conditions, click on the ‘I Agree’ button to gain access to the website.
Records pertaining to the following are not made available to the public under normal conditions:
-termination of parental rights
Finding Your Circuit Court
Wisconsin Circuit Court Access can be achieved using the following two options:
· Simple search which requires the user to enter the basic information. The link for the simple search is http://wcca.wicourts.gov/simpleCaseSearch.xsl;jsessionid=65F25DC077C2A70521053877F23378EC.render6.
· Advanced search which requires completion of a complex form. The link for the advanced search is http://wcca.wicourts.gov/caseSearchSelect.xsl;jsessionid=65F25DC077C2A70521053877F23378EC.render6.
Judgment search and reports are also available on the same website.
Information Obtained from Wisconsin Circuit Court Access
The laws governing the access of records in Wisconsin can be obtained from the following website: http://wcca.wicourts.gov/AB0304.xsl;jsessionid=65F25DC077C2A70521053877F23378EC.render6 .
The information which can be found in the records related to Wisconsin circuit courts is as follows:
· Case summary which contains the current pending charges and the acquittal status of the accused
· The criminal history of the convicted in criminal cases
· Date of proceedings of the case
· A summary of petitions, pleadings, court appearances and verdicts
· Personal profile information like the name, race, sex, height, weight, hair color, eye color and the photograph of the defendant
Some information is not provided in the records obtained from Wisconsin Circuit Court Access. These include:
· The criminal records which have been expunged by a Wisconsin circuit court. Such records are usually removed from the system.
· The ‘day’ field of the birth date in non-criminal cases.
· The license number of the driver in traffic cases.
The citizens of Wisconsin have the option to contact the court clerk’s office for corrections of records. The complete address list can be obtained from http://www.wicourts.gov/contact/docs/clerks.pdf .
For any queries or detailed information about the Wisconsin circuit courts. the citizens of the state have the option to contact the following address:
201 E WASHINGTON AVE
ROOM NUMBER- A300
PO BOX NO-8928
MADISON WI 53708.
Telephone Number- (608) 266-6860
TTY Number-(608) 264-8752