Finding Information on Wisconsin Inmates
According to the laws of the State of Wisconsin, the Department of Corrections is responsible for the supervision of the inmates living in the correctional facilities of the state. The Wisconsin Department of Corrections has direct authority over the adult and juvenile correctional facilities located in the state while the county jails are under the supervision of the concerned county sheriff’s office. The address and contact details of the Department of Corrections of Wisconsin are as follows:
3099 East Washington Avenue, Post Office Box 7925, Madison, Wisconsin 53707-7925
Phone: 608-240-5000, Fax: 608-240-3300, Email: email@example.com
If you want to know the details about Wisconsin inmates living in the state correctional facilities, you need to call DOC Records Office at (608) 240-3750.
Wisconsin State Correctional Facilities
The adult correctional facilities of the state housing the Wisconsin inmates are as follows:
• Chippewa Valley Correctional Treatment Facility:
• Columbia Correctional Institution
• Prairie du Chien Correctional Institution
• Dodge Correctional Institution
• Racine Correctional Institution
• Redgranite Correctional Institution
• Kettle Moraine Correctional Institution
• Racine Youthful Offender Correctional Facility
• Jackson Correctional Institution
• Wisconsin Correctional Center System
• Stanley Correctional Institution
• Taycheedah Correctional Institution
• Wisconsin Secure Program Facility
• Sturtevant Transitional Facility
• Oakhill Correctional Institution
• Milwaukee Secure Detention Facility
• Fox Lake Correctional Institution
• New Lisbon Correctional Institution
• Green Bay Correctional Institution
• Waupun Correctional Institution
• Oshkosh Correctional Institution
For more details you can have a look through http://www.wi-doc.com/index_adult.htm.
Wisconsin County Jail Inmates
Wisconsin Inmates also include the individuals incarcerated in the county jails of the state. Usually county jails house individuals awaiting trial or those who have been sentenced to short jail terms. In order to utilize Wisconsin Jail Inmate Search, you need to contact the respective county law enforcement agency responsible for maintaining the records.
For example, you can know the details of the inmates located at Waukesha County Jail from the following address: Waukesha County Jail, P O Box 0217, Waukesha, WI 53187-0217 Online information about the inmates is available on http://www.waukeshacounty.gov/inmates/Internet%20Inmate%20Information.pdf
Dane County, Wisconsin, has 3 county jails operating under the supervision of the County Sheriff. To locate an inmate of Dane County Jails you need to call (608) 284-6100. The addresses of the jails are as follows:
• City-County Building Jail, 210 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Madison, Wisconsin
• William H. Ferris Center, 2120 Rimrock Road, Madison, Wisconsin
• Public Safety Building Jail,115 West Doty Street, Madison, Wisconsin
To obtain the Milwaukee County Jail Inmate Search option you need to go to http://www.inmatesearch.mkesheriff.org/ and conduct a search based on name, date of birth and gender.
To conduct a search on Racine County Jail Inmates you need to visit http://rcj-web.goracine.org/
Wisconsin inmates may be housed in federal, state or county correctional facilities and if your search does not yield proper results you need to check the other options as well. In order to conduct a search on a particular inmate, you need to provide certain information like the full name, date of birth, sex, etc. They may vary from one correctional facility of Wisconsin to another.